About TOPTEN ACT - 2015/2018
Topten is a market transformation tool used to bring more energy efficiency on the market of products and equipment. Topten:
... provides selection of the most efficient products available on the market. The selections are displayed no user-friendly websites managed at national level, close to consumers' markets.
... stimulates consumers and large buyers, via communication and support to professional procurers.
... stimulates manufacturers and retailers, via regular contacts, information and promotion of their most efficient products.
... contributes to market transformation and policy design thanks to its analyses.
Topten ACT Key results:
- 16 websites presenting continuously updated selections of best appliances, recommendations for users, and selection criteria
- Information available in 14 languages
- 365 product categories scanned in the 16 countries, filterable into more than 1 000 market segments reflecting consumers' preferences. More than 21 000 super efficient products displayed in August 2018, with all their features
- More than 5.37 Mio visitors over the three years and a half of the project
- Extensive media coverage
- An open Topten platform: new organisations can join at any time
- Differentiated impact on numerous target groups: tailored information delivered to consumers, procurement officers, retailers, policy makers, NGOs and institutions, support to utilities and recognition to product manufacturers and retailers investing in energy efficiency
- As a result, over 150 partnerships developed across Europe
- Though not funded by H2020, Topten ACT contributed to and benefited from synergies with:
- "Best of Europe": the only review of the supply of efficient appliances on the European market (BAT, policy analyses)
- Integration into a world-wide network together with Top10 Chine, Topten Chile and Topten Argentina, www.topten.info
When the European Topten websites gather 1.5 Mio visitors a year, it means 564 GWh primary energy savings are triggered each year.
An illustrated summary of the Topten ACT results can be downloaded here.
TOPTEN ACT Deliverables
D 2.1 Criteria Papers
D 2.2 Criteria Paper Updates (2018)
D 3.6 Market Surveillance Report I (Confidential)
D 3.7 Market Surveillance Report II (Confidential)
D 4.1 Periodic Webscan Report I (Confidential)
D 4.2 Periodic Webscan Report II (Confidential)
D 5.3 Guidelines for Referral Marketing (Confidential)
D 6.6 Periodic Success Stories Report
D 6.8 Sustainable Financing Plan (Confidential)
. ..............This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 649647.
The sole responsibility for this content lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. Neither the EASME nor the European Commission are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.