ProCold - Sustainable Professional Refrigerators
Tools and information for buyers and suppliers
ProCold is an EU-project aiming to improve energy efficiency in plug-in cabinets and speed up the switch to climate-friendly refrigerants. There is an energy saving potential of around 50%.
The project provides help for manufacturers, suppliers, food and beverage companies, retailers, gastronomy, hotels, public authorities, media and other stakeholders.
Objectives of the project:
- Showcasing best products
- Supporting green procurement
- Helping to implement effective policies
- ProCold Publishable Report, project results 2016-2018, July 2018
- ProCold Technical Report, market overview and development 2016-2018, April 2018
Best products lists
Topten.eu shows Europe's best-in-class professional refrigerators
National best products lists
How to submit products for Topten
- Submit the product information to Maike Hepp, gewerbe (at) topten.ch, 0041 44 545 30 99
- Check energy efficiency criteria (download excel)
- Overview of Topten selection criteria and accepted testing standards (download PDF)
Rebates in Switzerland
- For Topten products 25% of the purchase price are reimbursed
- The appliance must be located in Switzerland
- More infos under www.topten.eu/rebates
Rebates in Austria
- For Topten products up to 30% of the purchase price are reimbursed
- The invoice must not be older than 6 months
- The rebate Programme is running from 2.1.2017 until 31.12.2021
- More infos under this link
Innovative and efficient - award for Europe's best products
In five categories the most energy efficient professional and commercial cold appliances were awarded “ProCold winner 2017” on March 7th during EuroShop 2017 and will be further promoted at Host 2017.
This excel tool is easy to use and calculates CO2 savings as well as energy and cost savings of Topten models compared to other products (download Calculation Tool for display products, download Calculation Tool for storage products).
EU Regulations on Energy Labels, Ecodesign and F-Gas
Read more on these EU regulations here.
Energy efficiency in the professional cold sector – the EU-project ProCold was pushing the most efficient products for almost three years (2016-2018)
ProCold has proven that manufacturers are willing and able to produce very efficient cold products and that users are in favour of using these products because of their benefits they bring. Thanks to the effort of the project, the topics of energy savings and environmental protection were promoted and established in the market. Read the complete final press release here.
Topten and ProCold offer procurement guidelines for frontrunner public procurers to help them easily find green products. The criteria can be inserted directly into tendering documents and are available for download in six languages.
Read more here.
Smart Controls for Beverage Coolers Reduce Energy Costs by 15-45%
ATMOsphere Europe 2016:
The «ProCold» project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 649293.
|EU||Maike Hepp||pro-cold (at) topten.eu||+41 44 545 30 99||Topten.eu (Zurich)|
|Franz Zach||franz.zach (at)
|+43 1 586 15 24 120||AEA (Vienna)|
|Juraj Krivošík||seven (at) svn.cz||+420 224 252 115||SEVEn (Prague)|
|Sophie Attali||sattali (at) guidetopten.fr||+33 1 83 94 82 09||Guide Topten (Paris)|
|Rasmus Priess||r.priess (at) oeko.de||+49 761 45 295 264||Öko-Institut e.V. (Freiburg)|
|Andrea Roscetti||andrea.roscetti (at) polimi.it||+39 02 23 993 893||Politecnico di Milano (Milano)|
|Laura Carvalho||topten (at) quercus.pt||+35 1 213 462 210||Quercus (Lisboa)|
|Jesper Peterson||jesper.peterson (at)
|+46 702 401 722||SSNC (Göteborg)|
|Maike Hepp||gewerbe (at) topten.ch||+41 44 545 30 99||Topten.ch (Zurich)|